I've been sooooooooooo busy (like crazy)
for the last couple of weeks.
But, suddenly Christmas is just around the corner,
and tomorrow is the last working day before January 3rd! Yay~
As this is my family's favorite season of the year,
(well, to be honest, Remi and Pablo are reluctant to choose between Christmas and Halloween)
I'd feel like celebrating the season in some way everyday.
I baked over 100 gingerbread man cookies and over 30 Rice Krispie canes.
I bet Rice Krispies must be my first cereal, since those are my dad's favorite kind of cereal and we have had at least a box of Rice Krispies at home.
Unbelievably it still didn't change!
Kellogg's product development team must be very proud of their Rice Krispie squares.
Their Rice Krispy squares became a very popular item for kids' school snack.
I make those squares every now and then.
At this season of the year, Kellogg's has released holiday-limited-version Rice Krispies.
I usually make Rice Krispie canes.
Ingredients and directions are exactly same as for squares.
It's very easy to make.
Kellogg's recipe is inside of the cereal box.
Here goes the recipe for Rice Krispie Canes
1/4 Cup butter (unsalted, preferably)
40 marshmallows or 5Cup mini marshmallows
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
6 Cup Rice Krispies
How to make
1. In a bowl, microwave butter to be melted, for about 30-60 seconds
2. Add marshmallows and coat with melted butter.
3. Microwave at "high" for 60-90 seconds.
Marshmallows are to be very soft when stirred.
4. Stir in Vanilla
5. and add Rice Krispies and coat rice Krispies with melted marshmallows.
Well, at this step, Rice Krispies get really sticky, but you can still manage it.
6. Shape Rice Krispie + marshmallow mix into canes :)
7. These can be very wobbly, but once they are all dried up, but they are easy to hold :)
Hope you enjoy it too.
Rice Krispie Canes