Search This Blog

Friday, February 15, 2013

[Homemade Croutons] Crunchy, but not so hard Croutons: Easy-to-make Croutons

This could be one of the easiest, if not "the" easiest, crouton recipes you would be able to find. I tried a few different recipes, and I can assure you that this one is the crunchiest and easiest recipe I've ever had. I don't like store-bought croutons because some of them are so hard that my jaws hurt when I try to crunch with my molars.

These croutons are nicely crispy and easily crunching. They are an indispensable companion for almost any kind of soup, but  also great by themselves if they are made without too much seasoning.

Here goes the recipe.
(adapted from AllRecipes.com)

Ingredients
6-7 slices whole wheat sandwich bread, preferrably stale
2-3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 teaspoon garlic salts


Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).

2. Remove crusts from stale bread slices. 

3. Brush bread on both sides with melted butter. 

4. Cut buttered bread slices into small cubes. 

5. Arrange cubes on an ungreased cookie sheet and Sprinkle with garlic salt.

6. Bake at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) for 15 minutes or until browned.
Isn't this so easy? :D

Let cool. Store croutons in a covered container or plastic bag, if you have any left.
With this amount, croutons you make will be gone less than 24 hours. 
Serve in soups or salads.
I'll add more photos of soups and salad with croutons in a very near future.

Crunchy Croutons


0 comments:

Post a Comment