Search This Blog

Sunday, September 25, 2011

[Pork back ribs] Pork back ribs with smoky barbecue sauce

Confession: I've always admired vegetarians.
But, I wouldn't be able to become a vegetarian myself.
I love all kinds of meat. :(

 

This is my first meat recipe on this blog.
But, many more will follow.


I like pork back rib, especially with barbecue sauce.
When I see pork back ribs on sale, I can't resist!

As my favorite pork back rib restaurant is Tony Roma's,
I came down to this recipe after a number of trial by error.


I don't feel like making this too often because of my kids' complaints.
Each time we have back ribs, they ask for a puppy which will grow to a dog who will likely love pork rib bones. :(




It may be a little sour for you.
However, I believe strongly that barbecue sauce must have a certain degree of sourness,
I'm stick to this ratio of ingredients.
Of course feel free to adjust this recipe to your taste :)

Here goes Tony Roma's styled Pork back rib recipe~


Ingredients
(for 4 servings)

4 lbs pork back rib
water

(for Barbecue sauce)
1 cup ketchup
1 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup molasses
1/2 ts salt
1/4 ts pepper
1/4 ts garlic powder
1/2 ts onion powder


How to make:

1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees (Fahrenheit)




2. Pour about 1/2 inch of water in the roasting pan and hang a rack over.

Place the ribs side by side. (Don't overlap!)


3. Tent the pan with aluminium foil and seal tight for steam effect.


Bake for abour 90 minutes (up to 120 minutes) until the meat become very tender.
At this stage, back ribs don't look exactly beautiful.
But, don't worry. They will transform :)


Meanwhile, you make barbecue sauce.




4. Put all the sauce ingredients, i.e. ketchup, salt, wine vinegar, brown sugar and molasses, in a small sauce pan and bring it to boil over a medium-heat. 



Reduce the heat and simmer for another 5-10 minutes, 
or until it thickens slightly and become silky smooth.


5. Take out the roasting pan and brush both side of racks of ribs with generous amount of barbecue sauce.


Put the meat side down.
Return the pan to the oven, unfoiled.


Bake until the ribs, or sauce on them gets bubbly, 
turn it around and bake until sauce of the other side gets bubbly.
Remove ribs from oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes before serving. 


Cut between each rib and serve with additional barbecue sauce, if desired. :)
I serve pork back ribs either with oven "baked" french fries or mashed potato.
It was with baked french fries yesterday.
It's very easy to make, but good enough to treat your family or friends~



Enjoy :)




Oven-Barbecue Pork Back Ribs



1 comment:

  1. All of my family like all kind of meat. I tried even lamb steak at home!

    ReplyDelete