Search This Blog

Thursday, June 20, 2013

[5 Delicious Ways to Eat Apples] Wonder Fruit for Brunch, Snack and Dessert

When somebody asks me what my favorite fruit is, my answer always is 'apple', even though I like all the other fruits so much. If I have to choose only one fruit to eat for the rest of my life, I will choose apple without any hesitation.  Why? It's because apple is the most versatile fruit I know. You can eat apple as it is, or bake, or dip it in dipping sauce. Okay. Let me ask a couple of questions: what is your favorite way to eat apples? And how many apples do you eat a day?
Confession, I eat, at least, three apples a day. One in the morning on my way to work, second one around 10:30 and the third one for my afternoon snack. My usual choice of apples is either gala, golden delicious, honey crisp, or granny smith, especially in summer.

According to this chart, I seem to like sweet, less sweet , tart, and more tart apples, i.e. all types of apples. :) How do you eat your apples? As a great apple lover, I have a few ways to maximize the taste of apple, which I'm about to share :) Here are some awesome ways to eat apples:

1. American staple apple pie or Italian apple cake
Apple cannot be wrong however you bake or cook. I love mounting apples high so that the pie will be still full of filling after it's baked. You can see the recipe here. Even if you have a strong will to have a second piece, I still recommend to refrain yourself from taking another piece, for your own piece of mind :)

Torta di mele is the easiest apple cake I've been making over years and years. Like any Italian food, this Italian cake is just so awesome. You can see the recipe here.

2. Sliced apple with peanut butter
Yes, I know that it's an oh-so typical way to enjoy your apple. This apple-peanut butter combination is so simply delicious, isn't it? Whoever thought of eating this way should be applauded. 

It's also wonderful to have a fistful of nuts along with apple & peanut butter 

 
3. Apple crumble with ice cream
Apple crumble is one of the easiest ways to fix a great dessert. The food rationing in UK during the World War II helped the creation of this scrumptious dessert. You can see the recipe here.

4. Laughing cow with apple slices
I love Laughing cow so much since I was kid that I spread and tried on lots of different things. And of course, apple was one of the first things on top of which was ample amount of this spreadable cheese spread. And it tastes so good!

 5. Apfelpfannkuchen - German apple pancake
At one time, I made this apfelpfannkuchen, or German apple cake almost every weekend since I liked it so much. I still think this is one of the yummiest breakfast you can imagine. It satisfies both your morning sweet cravings and pancake appetite. 

I didn't upload this recipe, yet. I'll post this recipe, soon.

These are my five ways to  enjoy apples. Even if my ways are so obvious, but still fantastic ways to enjoy your apples. :)

5 Delicious Ways to Eat Apples


4 comments:

  1. Hi Colleen~ I think this post is one of the best post!
    I've tried cake and crumble.
    I should try other things. Thank you.!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi YH,
      thanks for your compliments. I am flattered.
      Anything with apple cannot be wrong :)
      Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. I eat apples everyday but I've never tried 2&4 and was quite surprised when you mentioned that 2 is oh-so-typical way. I adore peanut butter but never thought of eating it with apple..maybe I should try some? I bake with your recipe of torta di mele often, only with less sugar. It's a great recipe to enjoy with a cup of tea :)

    Wimby is just around the corner! I was completely devastated(to exaggerate a bit) when I saw the draw, but hopefully Fed will come through after battles with Rafa, Andy and Nole :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia, if you are a peanut butter lover, #2 is something you shouldn't miss! Try it!
      Isn't torta di mele such a delicious tea cake? :)

      I'm now writing Wimbledon draw analysis. It's coming shortly :)

      Delete