Search This Blog

Sunday, November 13, 2011

[Cajun seasoned pumpkin seeds] Healthy crunch snack

Did I tell you that Mr. D carves Jack-O-Lanterns every year?

He has a funny obsession and passion for carving Jack-O-Lanterns, which I don't complain about. It's because I love having pumpkins with different designs every year, but I don't have a desire for carving one of my own.

This is one of this year's Jack-O-Lantern.
Could you tell what it is?
Mr.D's heart broke seriously when the boys said it looked like a rat.

This is the second Jack-O-Lantern he carved this year.
This one is easy, eh?
I'm kind of proud because his only tool was a small IKEA fruit knife.
I think I'll buy him some carving tools...  I don't know when, but someday.

As I said, he is not satisfied with only one Jack-O-Lantern, 
so we've always had multiple Jack-O-Lanterns by Halloween. In other words, I get tons of pumpkin seeds to roast every October! Yay!!!

I love pumpkin seeds~ It is one of my favorite crunchies in the whole world.
We still have two more pumpkins out on patio bench. As I'm almost done munching pumpkin seeds from Jack-O-Lanterns, I think I'll puree those pumpkins to get more pumpkin seeds to roast. :)



 This is the first batch of the roasted pumpkin seeds of this year.

 I don't know how you roast pumpkin seeds,
but I can certainly share my way ~
I've eaten over 10,000 roasted pumpkin seeds and concluded this is how I'd always like to roast them.


Here goes the recipe.
(Adapted from Food.com)


Ingredients
Raw whole pumpkin seeds from a medium size pumpkin
1 Tablespoons olive oil
(melted butter works too)
1/2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
1 pinch salt
Optional: 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon onion powder


How to make
1. Remove pulp and rinse the pumpkin seeds and let dry overnight (at least)
2. Preheat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit (135 degrees Celsius).

3. Toss seeds with the olive oil, cajun seassoning & onion powder (if desired), and salt.

 
4. Spread the seeds in a single layer on a foiled baking sheet

and bake in the preheated oven for about 30-35 minutes or until golden brown; stir once.

 They cool down in no time, i.e. edible right away. :)
Believe me, Remi and I finish a pumpkinful seeds in one day.


 

 Hope you had a nice weekend.
Actually it's really sad that the weekend is almost over, if not already is. :(
I don't understand why the weekend goes so fast :(

I wish you a good night!


Roasted pumpkin seeds

0 comments:

Post a Comment