I don't understand why endives are so expensive in Canada.
I ate so much endives when I studied in France 10 years ago, because it was a cheap option.
Endive was a good substitute for romaine or any other salad.
I made this endive shrimp salad for my weekend meal.
It was a regular item I would prepare when I had guests or I was invited to a potluck.
This is a super easy to make. It doesn't take more than 20 minutes in total.
But, it's very tasty and healthy.
Try this. I'm sure you will love it too :)
1 pound shrimps, cooked
4 oz canned crabmeat
2 celery stalks
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 ts dijon mustard
How to make:
1. Cut off the endive heads and rinse endive leaves under running cold water.
Dry with kitchen towel. Put aside.
2. Finely chop shrimps and celery stalks.
Mix with drained crabmeat.
3. Stir in mayonnaise and dijon mustard.
Now the shrimp mixture is ready.
4. Spoon 1 - 1+1/2 tablespoonful shrimp mixture on an endive leaf.
5. Place loaded endive leaves on a serving plate and serve ~
I put this salad in my lunch box too, but endive leaves and shrimp mixture separate.
Hope you like it as much as I do.
Endive Shrimp Salad