Search This Blog

Saturday, November 26, 2011

[Tennis lesson] Remi's last tennis lesson of the season

I think I wrote this before, but let me say it again.
I love tennis. :)
That is my favorite sport I can say.
I enjoy watching all kinds of sports,
but tennis is the sport I play and watch.
I follow the calendar of ATP, Association of Tennis Professionals.
I started to get excited from Australian Open, the first grand slam tournament of the year held in January in Melbourne, Austalia, to the final of ATP World tour finals in November.
The first doubles and singles semi-finals are finished.
We drive down to New York to watch US Open, or Cincinnati to watch South-western Masters 1000 series, or go to Montreal, Quebec to watch Rogers Cup, also another Masters 1000 series.
You can see a few photos of 2011 Rogers Cup by clicking here :)

Canadian Daniel Nestor and his teammate Max Mirnyi of Belarus defeated
#1 seeds Bryan brothers, to reach the final! Yay.

And Roger Federer, my favorite player for the past 9 years, beat David Ferrer, to reach his 100th tour level final.
even though I also like David Ferrer, I'm so excited for Federer("Fed" we call in our household :))
He will play either #6 seed Jo-Wilfried Tsonga of France or
#7 seed Tomas Berdych of Czech at final tomorrow.

I analyze the draws of big tournaments too.
My first draw analysis will be for the 2012 Australian Open in Junuary.

I learned to play tennis when I was 22.
I've followed ATP since my teenage though.
(I've always preferred men's tennis to womens. But, of course I watch both)
I would have become a better player than this if I had played it when I was younger.

So, naturally, I was very determined to have my kids learn tennis at early age even before i was pregnant. It sounds silly, but I really was.
Remi tried a group lesson, but not continuously, when he was five.
He started private lessons last year.
So 2011 was his second year for tennis.
As he is growing, his skills and power this year are also developing as season goes by.
We were lucky this year that it didn't snow in Ottawa until 2 weeks ago.
Remi was able to have a lesson until last weekend.

It was very warm on that day, so that I could stay out of the clubhouse which was closed already since mid-October.
As I didn't bring my camera, I took all these photos with the camera of my cellphone.
They look better than expected.


The good thing about tennis is that kids can develop a eye-hand coordination by playing tennis.
By playing tennis, Remi's eyes follows the ball till the time he hits the ball. That is the difference between most of other ball sports and tennis.


There was no other team playing tennis when Remi started the lesson.
As the weather was mild, there were a few teams filled the courts later.


I find Remi's backhand shots more solid than his forehand shots.
But, his coach says Remi's forehand is way better.


He tries to hit forehand with left hand sometimes.
And surprisingly it works sometimes.


His shots are not be as fast as ATP players'.
But, I enjoy watching his lessons as much as I do ATP top players' matches.


This seems like he is almost twisting his arms :)


He has had one hour private lesson and one semi-private lesson a week this season.
It's too bad that the seaons is ended.


 Maybe we should get a membership for indoor courts for the winter.


He practiced serves for the last 15 minutes.


As I already got to know many years ago,
serve is the most difficult part of tennis.
I think it's the same for the professional players as well, especiallly for female players.

It was a nice season-end lesson.

Remi and I had a little lunch date between only two of us.
Pablo had a skating when Remi had his tennis lesson, before he went to a classmate's birthday party at the Children's museum in Gatineau, Québec.
Remi and I couldn't join them because we had only just over an hour before Remi's chess club.
Sunday is ou super busy day.


We went to Scores, i.e. Remi's favorite "roast chicken" restaurant.


There is a nice salad & soup bar at Scores, which Remi likes more than the main meal itself.
Almost all the main menu features "chicken" as their main ingredients.
Remi had chicken nuggets with mashed potato, for the main dish.
I had a chicken leg.

It is actually nice to have a date with a kid of your own. :)
We are going out for family skating now.
It's my first skating of this winter~

Have a nice Saturday evening.


Tennis Lesson

0 comments:

Post a Comment